Here’s a very simple Easter Cake. All recipes are on the Cake Decorating page but I am also giving the links here.
Pick a colour scheme & play around with it, pastel works well but shocking colours always make a statement!
You will need:
1 x 8″ Madeira Cake
1 portion Buttercream Icing
500g fondant icing, green in this picture, shop bought or homemade
seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
1 medium white chocolate Easter egg
mini chocolate eggs
some tiny cut out flowers from fondant, shop bought or homemade, these were homemade
edible glue for sticking, the buttercream will show
2. Go to Covering cake with Fondant.
3. Break the medium Easter Egg apart carefully.
4. Decide where you’re going to place the medium Easter egg halves, then, using a butter knife or something similarly blunt, create a small depression in the fondant, going slightly through to the cake.
5. “Tuck” the Easter egg halves in the little depressions.
6. Arrange the mini eggs as you please, glueing some of them down if necessary.
7. Arrange, the little flowers around (glue them down) as you wish, all around or as I have.