Snow Capped Lovers Shortbread
This is such a simple recipe, 30 mins from start to finish (& that includes the washing up!)
I add semolina for that crunch that makes all the difference.
200g plain flour
90g caster sugar
1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
melted white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 150C (130 fan).
- Cream butter and sugar with a wooden spoon, till light.
- Add flour & semolina & bring it all together with the spoon, finishing it off with your hands till it’s all mixed together nicely. Do not overdo it.
- Place dough in a 9″ loose-bottomed pie/quiche tin. I don’t bother greasing the tin because of the amount of butter used. I also never bother to roll the dough out, preferring to just fit it into the tin with my hands & levelling off with a small glass if necessary. Roll it out if you prefer.
- Flatten & crimp the edges against the sides. Prick all over with a fork.
- Place in the oven & bake for 50-60 mins till pale golden brown.
- When done, cut it into sections in the tin, while it’s very hot & soft and malleable. Sprinkle with golden caster sugar.
Let cool before serving.
To make SNOW CAPPED LOVERS SHORTBREAD, melt some good quality white chocolate, dip the pointy end of the shortbread, place on a flat dish lined with baking paper and sprinkle with little hearts or leave them as they are.
In these pics, I’ve baked the shortbread in a rectangular glass dish as I was serving them up topped with whipped cream and strawberries.