I love these! Marinated cheese and olives make the perfect nibbles and are perfect in salads too! What’s more, I don’t think you can go wrong with this as a gift for a foodie. I know I say this all the time, they’re so easy to make at home and taste so much better than shop bought!
Perfect as part of a tapas spread, skewered to form canapés, take a look at Rosemary Spears, which is the second picture here.
- 600g of feta, manchego cheese, mozzarella balls, etc
- OR 600g of olives (stuffed are fine)
- OR a combination of both
- 400ml extra virgin olive oil
- half to 1 tsp dried chilli flakes/crushed chillies
- half tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 x 200ml jars, sterilized
- Cube the cheese if not already done.
- Get a clean bowl and place all the ingredients in except the oil, tossing very gently, so as not to break the cheese up.
- Leave a minimum of 24 hours, stirring a couple of times gently.
- Fill the jars, top with olive oil to cover completely, using more if necessary.
- Seal, tag and label.
- Store in the fridge, good for a month as long as the cheese is topped up with oil.
Total time does not include marinating time.